The Capable Man: Session 8
The Daily Commute
Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
Men need a voice of encouragement speaking to their purposes and motivating their dreams to be an authentic man.
In our last session, we talked about the philosophy of accountability versus coaching. Coaching has the ability to speak with authority, yet the motivation is clear—a coach wants to draw out the best that is within a man.
As David was approaching death, his last words to Solomon were sobering, “I am going where everyone on earth must someday go. Take courage and be a man!” (1 Kings 2:2)
When someone’s life is passing, their words take on a level of importance and weightiness. David is speaking to his son with final coaching tips:
- Observe the Lord’s requirements.
- Follow God’s ways.
- Keep the decrees, commands, regulations and laws.
- If you do, you’ll be successful wherever you go.
One of the key strategies of FivestarMan 300 is encouraging men in the daily commute with The Daily Champion. When you get a FivestarMan to sign up to receive The Daily Champion, we will deliver to their tablets a daily word of encouragement.
Coach your men to read or listen toThe Daily Champion as they’re going to work. There is also a link to read or listen to one chapter of Proverbs. Remember, champions do daily what the average man does occasionally.
We need to remember that very few men have the time and resources for a daily Bible study. However, as we encourage them, they will be empowered to open the Bible up and dig deep into the Word. The more the daily commute with God becomes a routine in their life, the more they will increase in their abilities to follow God’s way of doing things—knowing his Word and how to apply it to his life.
The Daily Champion is delivered to the man’s tablet (smartphone, tablet, or computer via email). We’ve written The Daily Champion using the template of Precept, Principle, and Practice.
A precept is an established and foundational truth that is unchangeable, irrevocable, and eternal.
A principle gives us clear understanding for the universal nature of the precept.
Taking active steps to apply the principle into our lives.
You will see this template repeated throughout FivestarMan teachings, books, videos, and articles. This has proven to be extremely effective in communicating to men. As a coach, your teaching authority is established by the foundation of Biblical precepts. Wisdom presents itself when you interpret the principle of a precept and gives men the ability to put them into practice.
David said that we should follow God’s ways and keep the decrees, commands, regulations and laws. Let me explain the difference and application of each:
- Decrees are perimeters that are established and permanent. They’re boundaries, limits of conduct that protect a man’s purposes.
- Commands are orders that lead a man with directional intent. Orders are not arbitrary. They are commissioned with strategic insight to accomplish a victory.
- Regulations or ordinances are decisions for procedures and processes. A regulation describes a protocol with conditions, fitness, and aligns with sound judgment.
- Laws, in the context of the Hebrew reads, “the testimony according to what is written in the Law.” This is how the Word of God becomes a practice in a man’s life—by the revelation he receives from it.
Encourage your men to signup to receiveThe Daily Champion.
- When you’re speaking with a man, tell him about The Daily Champion and give him the link to sign up for himself. The link is: fivestarman.com/daily
- Saturday Breakfast of Champions.
- Church Announcements (Bulletin or social media campaign)
- Coordinate with church data entry director and send an invite to all men in church.
- Share the link with others on your social media platforms.
- Men need a voice of encouragement speaking to their purposes and motivating their dreams to be authentic men.
- One of the key strategies of FivestarMan 300 is encouraging men in the daily commute with The Daily Champion.
- The Daily Champion is based on the template of Precept, Principle, and Practice.