The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.
Debt brings a staggering burden of responsibility upon the borrower.
I have seen the crushing weight of debt upon men. I have seen men sabotage their own lives to remove themselves from leadership responsibilities of debt. Debt can be very destructive in your life.
I also believe that God can rescue you from the burden of debt.
After their father had died, two young men faced enslavement until the prophet Elisha told their mother to acquire as many pots that she could. He told her to take the small jar of oil that she had and start pouring it into the pots. After she had filled every available pot the prophet instructed her, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left.”
Now, I understand that this was a miracle but there are principles that we can draw from it as it relates to getting debt free. (2 Kings 3:1-7)
- The prophet prompted her to find something within her own house that could be used for the miracle. The key to your debt freedom is within your reach. There is something that you presently have that can become a miracle product.
- She involved her sons in the work. When a family faces a crisis, it is good for everyone to face the challenge together.
- He told her to “borrow” pots that could be used for her new industry. There may be connections with friends or family members to help you with a miracle.
- He told her to not limit herself by asking for “just a few.” When you are in lack, it is easy to become small minded.
- She closed the door and began to work. You may have to become isolated to get some work done.
- When you have a miracle of supply – get busy and sell.
- The Law of Exchange – take what you have that others need so that you can have what you need.
- Pay off your debts first before you live it up.
Remember:When you’re debt free, you are a master not a slave. Click To Tweet
Know someone who would enjoy receiving The Daily Champion?
Share this post with your friends and invite them to signup to receive The Daily Champion every day by email using the form below.