There are six things the LORD hates – no, seven thing he detests.
God is repulsed by the dirty seven.
Have you ever prejudged someone from a distance and yet, later you were able to get to know the person and discovered that they’re the complete opposite of whom you thought they were? That’s what many people have done with the character of God. They don’t really know His character and prejudged Him based upon distance.
You can tell a lot about a person’s character by what they like and are attracted to – you can also know a person’s character by what they hate and are disgusted by.
Here are The Dirty Seven that God hates:
- Haughty eyes – This describes a person who looks down on others as they think they are better, smarter, and more important. The have disdain toward people and don’t mind showing it.
- Lying tongue – This person makes false claims and promises with the intent on deceiving.
- Hands that Kill the innocent – A person who has no regard for the value of life and takes upon himself the appetite of murder.
- Hearts that plot evil – Out of the heart flow the issues (purposes) of a man. This is a man who has purposed himself to devise evil.
- Feet that race to do wrong – There are men who run toward destruction. They feast on causing calamity. They would best be described as terrorist.
- A false witness – Much like number 2, this person uses his mendacity to make false claims against another person’s good character – thus causing irreparable harm to the reputation and influence of a person. It is slander.
- A person who sows discord in a family – This one is the worst of evils – it is a person who divides family. This person schemes and manipulates strife. Where there is strife there is every kind of evil. Strife is the manifested presence of Satan.
Remember:You can tell a lot about a man who his friends are and those who aren’t. Click To Tweet
Know someone who would enjoy receiving The Daily Champion?
Share this post with your friends and invite them to signup to receive The Daily Champion every day by email using the form below.