“When the Lord God made the earth and the heavens — and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground…” Genesis 2:5
God is so interested in man’s ability to work that he delayed the agrarian process until the time for Man to be created. That’s how important you are to the cycle and system of earth!
Unfortunately, Adam was unfaithful to his employer, namely God the Creator. He embezzled, misused, and misappropriated from the Storehouse of the Garden, costing Adam his job. We have all been given areas of management in our jobs, our families, our finances. Here are five principles of management we should heed to ensure we are properly using the resources entrusted us:
What you misuse, you lose.
- When you mismanage the resources entrusted to you or use it for your personal gain you will lose the access to those resources.
- Most people despise the small things — therefore, they overlook the important factors of ALL increase. All forests start with the smallest of seeds. Great companies begin with the dream seed of an entrepreneur.
Misappropriation disqualifies you for more promotion.
- In this sense, the term misappropriation is using money for something other than its original intent. This happens constantly in start up companies.
- Adam used the resources that were “assigned” to another purpose for his own. Doing so, he misappropriated the resources.
Responsibility cannot be transferred.
- Poor leaders accept all the praise of wins, and blame the losses on others.
- Adam blamed Eve for his mismanagement.
- Do not support mismanagement or you become complicit in it. Organizations fail by undergirding and supporting the mismanagement of poor managers.
Mismanagement is never a private matter.
- What you do in private is what moves you in public. I call this the closet principle.
- Adam’s mismanagement was a personal decision that had global implications.
Boundaries are drawn to protect the resources from mismanagement.
- Adam was driven out of the Garden to protect the Storehouse from his mismanagement.
- Adam went from management to laboring because of his mismanagement.