PASTOR & KEY LEADER SESSION 1
Welcome to FivestarMan 300
Thank you for joining FivestarMan 300. We value your partnership in the vision to launch FivestarMan in 300 Cities, raise up 300 Capable Men in each of those cities who will ultimately influence 3 Generations.
More specifically, we acknowledge and honor the fact that you want to reach men!
Let me be clear. FivestarMan is not another men’s ministry. We’re more than a men’s curriculum to simply start and finish. We’re not schooling men and there won’t be a graduation day where we “knight” a man into manhood. We’re also not designing what a “man of God” is as determined by committee.
Here are the cold hard facts:
- Only about 10% of congregations offer ongoing ministry programs for men (compared to about 90% of churches that offer women’s and/or children’s ministries).
- In churches that do offer men’s ministry, fewer than 20 percent of the men actively participate. The vast majority of the men in the congregation do not interact with the men’s ministry at all.
- Men’s ministry programs tend to be event driven. Once the event is over they quickly lose momentum. Hence, most men’s ministry programs die out within 2 years of launch.
- For more in-depth study on this, please read “Why You Should Rethink Your Men’s Ministry.“
FivestarMan is a movement to resurrect authentic manhood.
A movement is “multiple voices speaking the same message to influence change.” We are a movement of men with the declared intention of changing culture. To do so, we speak to the five purposes within every man and give him understanding of those purposes.
When men gain understanding of God’s original intent and the five purposes within them, their lives becomes a passionate pursuit of authenticity—manhood—purpose.
Okay, the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. How does a man’s life change once he becomes a FivestarMan? Will you be able to measure the impact of FivestarMan 300 in your church?
Here’s what you can expect to see happen in the men of your church:
- He will become more outgoing and adventurous. He will step up and take on the role of a leader in his own life, marriage, work, and church. He will begin to condition himself and take on a new sense of energy and excitement for life and for God.
- He may start a new business, discovering his entrepreneurial drive will motivate him to be productive. He will become more aware of his abilities and financial success.
- Your men will turn their hearts to their wives and children. By reigniting their relationships, they will become gallant—honorable toward women. They will avoid the pitfalls of inappropriate relationships and the trappings of the sexual culture.
- Men will become more faithful—honest, authentic, and spiritual. Their walk with God will become a daily commute. They will habitually read the Word of God with a new sense of intrigue and enthusiasm.
- They will also develop a long term view of life, desiring to leave a legacy. They will become men of great exploits.
Sounds pretty amazing doesn’t it? It will happen.
In our next session, I will share with you what to expect and how we’re going to implement FivestarMan 300 in your church.
P.S. Let me just leave you with the same advice that Moses’ father-in-law, Jethro, told him,
“What you’re doing is not good. You’re going to wear yourself out. The work is too heavy for you.” (Exodus 18)
Jethro was encouraging Moses to designate a Key Leader to assist him in his work. I encourage you to do this also to help lighten your load. Use the button below to learn how.Key Leader Access
Be Strong & Be a Man!
1 Kings 2:2