By Neil Kennedy
The human touch has incredible potential. The hand is a point of contact that has benefits — physiologically, emotionally, and even spiritually.
A recent article I wrote entitled, 7 Meaningful Touches Every Husband Should Use to Reach for His Wife, has been read and shared by thousands of people. It obviously prompted a lot of husbands to reach for their wives in meaningful ways.
Maybe it’s a good time to remind wives how meaningful their touch is to their husband. Sometimes wives can allow a distance in their relationship with their husband because of his rough exterior or his lack of emotion. I hope to encourage you to reach for your husband and let him know how much he means to you. Sharing your soft touch with him will certainly soften up his demeanor.
Here are 7 Meaningful Touches Your Husband is Waiting For:
- When he is working around the house, bringing him a beverage is a huge sign to him that you notice his efforts to make your home a place to enjoy. Reaching for him at this time is huge in showing him your gratitude. It will prompt him to do much more, more often.
- Slipping a hand written note into his briefcase or laying it on the console of his truck will cause him to really think about you during the day. He’ll work hard but he will also hurry home,
- I know this one may cause you to cringe, but at least consider it: massage his feet. It would be the modern equivalent of a foot washing. It is humbling (and possibly pretty gross); however, it would be an incredible touch of kindness and expression of love.
- Obviously your husband doesn’t want flowers, but a ticket to his favorite game would be an awesome touch.
- Plan your day and save some energy for your husband. Approach him for intimacy. Don’t always make him be the pursuer.
- Reach for him at random times. While watching television, walking, or at a restaurant. A public display of affection initiated by you is admirable. It shows a level of respect and honor that is rarely demonstrated in modern culture.
- Rub his shoulders. Most men hold their stress in their neck and shoulder area. Your touch will release a heavy burden that he is carrying.
Let me add that if you will do this one, the impact could be immeasurable. As he is leaving the house and pulling out of the driveway, watch him from the window. Lift your hands toward him and speak blessings over him, give gratitude for who he is, asking God to empower the work of his hands. He may not see you or know that you do it, but your touch will be worked through God’s hands, blessing all that he does.
Reach for your husband. He needs you.